top of page
Sat, 17 Jun|
Sourdough bread-making workshop- SOLD OUT
Prepare for a real hands-on baking experience where you will learn the traditional skills of how to bake delicious, nutritious and gut-friendly sourdough bread with no special equipment and much more....
Time & Location
17 Jun, 09:00 – 16:30
Owenabue orchards, Ballynabearna, Co. Cork, T12 XN7D, Ireland
About the Event
1-day course, 9am-4.30pm, €155 per person.
- Coffee/ tea/ homebrew kefir & kombucha served throughout the day.
- A nutritious, balanced homemade meal based around sourdough and homegrown organic veggies and herbs.
- About 1kg of sourdough loaves of your own making to take home.
- A sample of my own sourdough starter to get started straight away!
- A nature walk through our Cider Orchard Agroforestry plots where you will see heritage wheat varieties growing among our apple trees depending on the season.
You will learn
- How to start a sourdough starter from scratch and how to maintain it.
- How to bake delicious pure sourdough loaves based on recipes from the latest scientific studies on bread & nutrition.
- How to work your bread baking around your own busy schedule.
- What is happening inside the dough throughout the fermentation and why these recipes are best to preserve the nutritional elements of the grain while offering a delightfully flavoured and digestible bread.
- About the wheat family tree and what are "heritage" wheat varieties versus modern wheat varieties.
- About non coeliac gluten intolerance and how sourdough bread can be perfectly tolerated.
- About growing heirloom wheat varieties through the practices of regenerative agriculture.
+€3.88 service fee
+€3.88 service fee0
bottom of page