Sat, 22 Jan | Ballinhassig, Co Cork
Sourdough Bread Making. One-Day Class. SOLD OUT.
Learn how to bake a highly nutritional and digestible sourdough bread in a one-day course. This course is suitable for complete beginners as well as the more experienced home baker who is looking to learn more about bread & nutrition. Price: 150€, breakfast and lunch included. 1 place left.
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
22 Jan, 09:00 – 17:00 GMT
Ballinhassig, Co Cork, Ballynabearna, Co. Cork, T12 XN7D, Ireland
About the Event
4 places (to allow sufficient spacing re Covid-19 regulations), €150 per person, 9am-5pm, 1-day course.
- Coffee/ tea/ homebrew kefir & kombucha served throughout the day.
- A nutritious, balanced homemade meal based around sourdough and homegrown organic veggies and herbs.
- About 1.5 kg of sourdough loaves of your own making to take home.
- A sample of my own sourdough starter to get started straight away!
You will learn
- How to start a sourdough starter from scratch and how to maintain it.
- How to bake delicious pure sourdough loaves based on recipes from the latest scientific studies on bread & nutrition with no skills involved.
- How to work your bread baking around your own busy schedule.
- What is happening inside the dough throughout the fermentation and why these recipes are best to take benefit of the nutritional aspects of the grain while offering a delightfully flavoured and digestible bread.
- about the wheat family tree and what are "heritage" wheat varieties versus modern wheat varieties.
- about non coeliac gluten intolerance and how sourdough bread can be perfectly tolerated.
Payment by bank transfer or PayPal- Details provided in booking email.