Sat, 16 Jul|
Sourdough bread making class
Prepare for a real hands-on baking experience where you will learn the traditional skills of how to bake delicious sourdough bread with no special equipment and how to reproduce the same in your own kitchen and much more....
Time & Location
16 Jul, 09:00 – 17:00
Owenabue Orchard, Ballynabearna, Co. Cork, T12 XN7D, Ireland
About the Event
1-day course, 9am-5pm, €150 per person.
- Coffee/ tea/ homebrew kefir & kombucha served throughout the day.
- A nutritious, balanced homemade meal based around sourdough and homegrown organic veggies and herbs.
- About 1.5 kg of sourdough loaves of your own making to take home.
- A sample of my own sourdough starter to get started straight away!
- A nature walk through our Cider Orchard Agroforestry plots where you will see heritage wheat varieties growing among our apple trees.
You will learn
- How to start a sourdough starter from scratch and how to maintain it.
- How to bake delicious pure sourdough loaves based on recipes from the latest scientific studies on bread & nutrition.
- How to work your bread baking around your own busy schedule.
- What is happening inside the dough throughout the fermentation and why these recipes are best to take benefit of the nutritional aspects of the grain while offering a delightfully flavoured and digestible bread.
- About the wheat family tree and what are "heritage" wheat varieties versus modern wheat varieties.
- About non coeliac gluten intolerance and how sourdough bread can be perfectly tolerated.
- About growing heirloom wheat varieties through the practices of regenerative agriculture.
Enjoy a special day with your partner or bestie!