Sat, 14 May|
Sourdough Bread Making Class. 2 places left.
Enjoy a full day hands-on, learning how to bake real sourdough bread with no special equipment so to be able to reproduce the same in your own kitchen and much more....
Time & Location
14 May, 09:00 – 17:00
Owenabue orchard, Ballynabearna, Co. Cork, T12 XN7D, Ireland
About the Event
4 places, €150 per person, 9am-5pm, 1-day course.
- Coffee/ tea/ homebrew kefir & kombucha served throughout the day.
- A nutritious, balanced homemade meal based around sourdough and homegrown organic veggies and herbs.
- About 1.8 kg of sourdough loaves of your own making to take home.
- A sample of my own sourdough starter to get started straight away!
You will learn
- How to start a sourdough starter from scratch and how to maintain it.
- How to bake delicious pure sourdough loaves based on recipes from the latest scientific studies on bread & nutrition with no skills involved.
- How to work your bread baking around your own busy schedule.
- What is happening inside the dough throughout the fermentation and why these recipes are best to take benefit of the nutritional aspects of the grain while offering a delightfully flavoured and digestible bread.
- about the wheat family tree and what are "heritage" wheat varieties versus modern wheat varieties.
- about non coeliac gluten intolerance and how sourdough bread can be perfectly tolerated.
Enjoy a special day with your partner or bestie!